Pork Chops with Porcini Sauce
3 people made this
About this recipe:
An elegant and scrumptious dish. Pork chops are served with a creamy porcini mushroom sauce. Enjoy with rice or mash and steamed vegetables.
4 pork chops
30g dried porcini mushrooms
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon herbs de provence (optional)
1 small glass white wine (optional)
- Soak mushrooms in 250ml hot water for 30 minutes. Squeeze mushrooms, reserving liquid. Chop mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Saute until soft and translucent, but do not brown.
- Sear both sides of the pork chops, remove and set aside.
- Add mushroom soaking liquid, herbs and wine to the pan. Cook until liquid has reduced by half.
- Return pork and mushrooms to the pan and lower the heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cream and heat until just bubbling. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve.
cream didnt thicken enough but overall very nice
- 03 Jan 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate