Ultimate triple chocolate muffins
These muffins have more chocolate in them than you can shake a stick at. The dark chocolate muffin base is flavoured with milk and white chocolate chunks.
264 people made this
Makes: 12 muffins
175g dark chocolate, melted
125g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
125g white chocolate, roughly chopped
65g unsweetened cocoa powder
325g self-raising flour
125g light brown soft sugar
100ml vegetable oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, milk and vanilla together. Add to the dry ingredients and fold until well combined.
- Quickly stir melted chocolate into the batter, then fold in chopped chocolate.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and sprinkle with grated chocolate or dust with icing sugar before serving.
Reviews & ratings
Average global rating:
Reviews in English (34)
Lovely rich, light textured muffins oozing with chocolate. Perfect
30 Jan 2012
Worried at first because of the ingredients BUT this recipe makes the absolute BEST muffins ever!! Even I look like an amazing cook! Thank you!! X
22 Nov 2011
Only had small cupcake cases so made 24. Second batch is in. Taste good but I agree that maybe for me they could have been a little sweeter but family like them as they are.
16 Oct 2012
User's IP: 22.214.171.124