5 people made this
About this recipe:
hmm...its one of the most famous...common accompaniments in most gujrati households...the recipe is a tried and tested one...and seems to have worked for novice..and pros have a go!
350g gram flour (Besan)
1 cup curd (Stirred)
1 tsp green chilies (paste)
1 tsp ginger paste
salt to taste
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda / fruit salt
1 lemon juice
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp oil
Few curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp oil
coriander leaves (chopped)
2-3 green chilies (vertically slit)
- In a bowl add gram flour (besan), Curd and water. Mix well and make a smooth batter. The batter should be of thick consistency. Add salt and set aside for 4 hours covered with a lid.
- Take the ginger and green chili paste and add to the batter. Also add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Keep the steamer or cooker ready on gas. Grease a baking dish (it should fit in the steamer or cooker).
- Now in small bowl take a tsp. of soda bi-carb or eno, 1tsp oil and lemon juice and mix well. Add this to the batter and mix well. Pour the batter into the greased pan and steam for 10-12
- minutes or till done. Cool for sometime and cut into big cubes.
- Heat little oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves allow to splutter. Remove and pour it over dhoklas.
- Garnish the besan dhokla with coriander and slited green chilies. Serve with chutney.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate