1 person made this
About this recipe:
Treacle biscuits, crisp, sweet, delicious
100 g self raising flour
100 g rolled oats
100 g butter
125 g caster sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
1 tbsp milk
- Combine flour and the oats.
- Put butter, sugar and syrup into a large saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Mix bicarb/baking soda in with the milk.
- When the butter/sugar/syrup reaches boiling, remove from the heat and add the milk/bicarb solution, this will froth up a lot. Stir continually.
- Add the hot ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Leave to stand and cool for about 20 mins.
- Take teaspoons full of mix and roll into balls, place on a greased baking tray, leaving room for the biscuits to spread, approx 3" between each ball.
- Cook at 180C/350F or gas 4, for 15 minutes
Write a review
Click on stars to rate