- 125g butter or margarine
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 250g rolled oats
- 40g sultanas or raisins
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter and sugar have melted. Stir in the oats and sultanas until coated. Pour into an 20cm square baking tin. The mixture should be about 2 to 3cm thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden. Cut into squares, then leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
Used different ingredients. I didn't have any sultanas or raisins so I added cherries instead. Tasty! - 15 Jun 2010
Used different ingredients. Very nice flapjack recipe! Just the right consistency - not too dry, not too moist. Works well with regular porridge oats too! - 07 Jul 2009
easy to make but added a little more syrup as mixture seemed dry - 31 Aug 2010