Thai Red Curry Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cloves of garlic (choppped finely)
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp Thai curry paste (Preferably Mae Ploy brand)
- 3 chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 450ml of chicken stock
- 1 red pepper (cut into 1 inch strips)
- 2 tbsp olive oil/ vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of sugar
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Heat oil over medium high heat, wait until it's hot, and then add garlic and onion. Stir until onion is translucent, then add thai curry paste, followed by chicken. Stir until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add coconut milk, chicken stock and red pepper. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover the pot with lid, and let it simmer until red pepper is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Once the curry is ready, you can serve with white jasmine rice or brown rice.
Altered ingredient amounts. Added sliced sugar snaps and only ca. 150ml chicken stock. Also needed an extra spoonful of curry paste to give it some kick - very nice! - 26 Aug 2010
Although this was a nice red curry, I found the 450mls of chicken stock made it quite watery. Also are there supposed to be two lots of oil in the ingredients? - 30 Mar 2010
Used frozen chicken instead of fresh, not a problem only that they hold a bit of water so I did not use the stock. Should of maybe just added the chicken cube into the mix! Only used one lot of oil for dish! Definitely think 450ml of stock would make this dish to watery. Otherwise very tasty. - 30 Jun 2012