Quick leek and potato soup
- 1 whole leek, including dark green tops, sliced and thoroughly washed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 1 litre water
- freshly ground black pepper to serve
- cream to serve (optional)
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. (This prevents the butter from burning.)
- Stir in the sliced potatoes and cook gently over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until they are slightly cooked and golden coloured.
- Stir in the sliced leeks; pour in the water and add the stock cubes.
- Bring to the boil, the reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Use a hand held immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Serve with a swirl of cream and a twist of black pepper.
I've not made leek potato soup for some time so l used this reciepe to help me. This is really quick and easy with hardly any washing up as you can do it all in one pan, l used my wok. Tasted great! - 06 Oct 2011
This soup is so easy to make and delicious! Its freezes well too, ive frozen leftover portions before and taken them into work for lunch. Lovely recipe! - 23 Mar 2011
I loved the simplicity of this recipe but it was lacking in seasoning. I think a little salt and pepper would be a great addition. - 31 Mar 2012