1 / 1 Picture by:
Old-Fashioned Macaroni, Tomato and Cheese Bake
- 325g macaroni
- 50g butter, melted
- 275g grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 600ml (1 pint) milk
- 1/2 (200g) tub cream cheese, softened
- 25g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 2 dashes hot sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 30g chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:53min › Extra time:2min › Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat an oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly oil an 8 litre baking dish.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to the boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to the boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink. Pour into the prepared baking dish and add the butter, Cheddar cheese and tomatoes; stir.
- Combine the eggs, milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, brown mustard, hot sauce, parsley, nutmeg, pepper and salt in a food processor; pulse until smooth; pour over the macaroni. Sprinkle paprika over everything.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the middle is set, 45 to 50 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!