- 250g caster sugar
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 450g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
Prep:30min › Cook:10min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until well blended. Mix in the orange juice and orange zest.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 6mm thickness. Cut out rabbit shapes with a biscuit cutter. Place rabbits onto an unprepared baking tray. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Ice and decorate as desired.
I found the recipe very easy but WAY TO MUCH SUGAR. It calls for 250g of caster sugar. As I didn't have any caster I used regular white sugar and cut the amount down to about 128g and it was just right. I also added a little almond essence as well. The biscuits once cooled were a perfect balance of softness with a hint of crunchiness. I iced some and did an egg wash on the rest with just a tiny sprinkling of sugar. My two grownup lads were in heaven. If I had added the whole amount of sugar and iced them as well, they would have been to sweet and sickly. - 24 Apr 2009
Altered ingredient amounts. cut the amount of sugar from 250g down to around 128g and used regular granulated sugar and added a little almond essences. Left out the orange zest and orange juice. - 24 Apr 2009
Me and my boyfriend just made these and both our families love them very easy and fun to make, and very tasty too - 17 Apr 2011