1 / 1 Picture by: ULTRAGIRL
Couscous with carrots and chickpeas
VAL_51 Essex, England, UK
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 300g couscous
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (optional)
Prep:10min › Cook:8min › Extra time:5min › Ready in:23min
- Microwave stock over high heat in a microwave safe bowl or measuring jug until piping hot, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add carrots, couscous and chickpeas; stir to combine. Stir in stock, cover and turn off heat. Let stand until stock is completely absorbed, 4 to 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fluff with a fork, add chopped parsley and serve.
Lovely recipe! Goes excellently with a slow cooker chicken tagine that I make... It's quick, easy to make and very tasty! Thank you - 15 Jan 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!