1 / 1 Picture by: AnneFrancoise
AnneFrancoise Greater London, England, UK
- 1L chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- 300g Arborio rice, rinsed
- 100ml white wine
- 75g freshly grated Parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Bring the stock to the boil and keep at a low simmer, covered.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and add the onion. Sweat the onions over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes - don't allow them to take any colour.
- Add the rice and mix well. Pour in the white wine and cook over medium heat till most of it evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Add a ladle of hot stock to the rice, stirring well. After about 3 minutes, after most of the stock has been absorbed, add another ladle of stock. Repeat in this fashion until the rice is tender and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan and mix well. Taste the risotto and add salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Really delicious. I was surprised to find that you can really taste the parmesan. I've already been asked to make it again! - 27 Dec 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!