Apple Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 (1.5cm thick) pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons soft light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 175ml (6 fl oz) hot water
Prep:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Sauté onion in oil for 1 minute, or until soft. Remove onion and set aside. Brown pork chops on both sides in oil.
- Place pork chops in an 20x30cm (8x12 in) baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with the apples and cooked onion.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, cloves and water. Pour over chops. Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
This is a fantastic cook - so easy and tastes great! One tiny adjustment - there was a lot of liquid so I poured it off just before serving, and thickened it with a little corn flour, then poured it back over the pork and served. Will definitely make this again! - 21 Dec 2012
Used different ingredients. I used Chinese five spice instead of the ground cloves and the dish turned out delish! - 11 May 2011
Altered ingredient amounts. I used Dijon mustard instead of ground mustard and it was very tasty! - 10 Mar 2010