Slow cooked whole leg of lamb
- 1 large leg of lamb
- Head of garlic, split but not peeled
- 6-8 Chantanay carrots or 3 normal carrots
- 300ml red wine
- 300ml stock
Prep:30min › Cook:7hr › Ready in:7hr30min
- Preheat oven to 120 C / Fan 100 C / Gas 1/2.
- You need a roasting dish large enough to get the lamb in - put carrots (halved if needed) and garlic in and put lamb on top.
- Add wine & stock and bring to the boil on hob.
- Carefully cover with foil tightly (use oven gloves), put in oven and cook for 7 hours.
- Remove lamb to a another tin, turn oven up to 200 C / Fan 180C / Gas 6 and put lamb in to crisp up the skin for about 15 to 20 mins.
- Reduce cooking juices to make fab gravy. Great served with daupinoise potatoes or mashed potatoes and veg.
My 12 year old daughter said "this is gorgeous" (never had such high praise in 12 years!) - 14 May 2010
brilliant recipe, the bones just fell out of the meat... you don't need to carve it.. just a fork and a spoon and pull it apart.. my flatmates loved it, with roast potatoes, gravy, green beans and honey and mint glazed carrots. will make plenty of tasty sanny's later aswell - 11 Dec 2011
It fell apart when I tranferred it from one tray to the other, which says how tender it was. Great success. - 18 Jul 2010