1 / 1 Picture by: FOODCHICK23
Sweet and spicy BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 250ml chilli sauce
- 250ml pineapple juice
- 125g crushed pineapple
- 4 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 habanero or Scotch bonnet chilli, seeded and chopped
- 125ml whisky
Prep:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, and saute until they are transparent. Stir in the garlic, wine vinegar, chilli sauce, pineapple juice, pineapple, brown sugar and lemon juice. Season with Worcestershire sauce, mustard, pepper, hot chilli sauce, and habanero chilli. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the whisky, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!