Baked chicken with lavender
15 people made this
About this recipe:
Lavender is a fragrant herb that pairs really nicely with chicken. Serve with baby new potatoes and green beans.
4 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets
8 rashers of bacon
12 sprigs fresh lavender
Chilli flakes, to taste
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
120g (4 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C / gas mark 6.
- Place three sprigs of lavender on top of each chicken breast fillet. Wrap two slices of bacon around each piece of chicken keeping the lavender inside.
- Place chicken into a shallow oven-proof dish. Season with salt, pepper and dried chilli flakes.
- Position the baking dish on the top shelf in the preheated oven, and bake chicken for 20 minutes, turning once. Turn again so the lavender is on top, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Continue baking for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and chicken is no longer pink inside.
This recipe is delicious! I used thyme instead of lavender, still tasted amazing! Would say it was rather salty, so maybe without the cheese?
- 02 Dec 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate