Green lasagne - vegetarian
- 1 pack green egg lasagne (300g+) no precook
- 600ml carton of fresh mushroom soup
- 2 fresh mozzarella balls (125g each)
- 1 marrow or a few courgettes
- olive oil
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr
- Start by slicing the marrow or courgettes thickly, about 1cm, and either cook in a non stick pan with a little olive oil, until they are ligtly browned and tender, or grill them for a even lighter option.
- Before laying the first pasta sheets, open the carton of mushroom soup and pour a little in the bottom of the baking tray, as this will aid the bottom layer's cooking. Alternate pasta sheets and vegetable slices and diced mozzarella. You should be able to do 4 layers, depending on what size tray you've been using; on the top lay a few remaining slices of courgette and abundant mozzarella.
- Empty the mushroom soup in the sides of the tray, then cover tightly the tray with tin foil. Put in the oven at 220 degrees C (200' fan) for about 30min, then remove the tin foil and continue cooking for another 10 min (this process makes sure it is cooked throughout yet crispy on top)
My first ever lasagne and enjoyed cooking it. Added garlic and mushrooms and we have so much left over!! Scrummy and filling and very cheap to make. Thanks for sharing it!! - 10 Apr 2012
This sound amazing and I have so much marrow to use from my allotment, can it be frozen? - 26 Aug 2013