- Cook the cubes of peeled potatoes in boiling water in a separate pot.
- Heat pan on stove over medium heat. Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Add small chopped onions once oil is hot. Add green chillies. Once translucent, or after about 5 mins, add minced garlic.
- Add the chopped tomatoes (cut them up into very small pieces, try not to add too much of the water, otherwise it will too watery and you will have to simmer the water out longer). Now add a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Add curry powder and mix well.
- Drain potatoes and add to the curry in the pan.
- Now crack open the eggs and add, stirring and stirring until all the egg has cooked (should only take a few minutes at the most)
- Done! Eat with fresh roti/chappati/naan bread (not soo good with naan in my view) or regular whitebread i.e hovis
If you haven't got any get some from your local indian/pakistani/asain store, or some general supermarkets, get a indian/pakistani brand not a chinese brand as it will not taste like a authentic curry otherwise.
Adjust quantity of curry powder: 1 teaspoon is quite mild, 2 teaspoons is medium to hot 3 teaspoons if your want a super vindaloo type lol!
When buying the curry powder read the instruction it should have ingredients such as cumin, garam masala, hot chillies, paprika, etc, but don't worry if one hasn't got all these ingredients.