1 / 1 Picture by: EH
- 800g (1 3/4 lb) prepared raspberries
- 1kg sugar, such as Silver Spoon Jam Sugar
- knob of butter
Prep:5min › Cook:30min › Ready in:35min
- Place the raspberries in a large saucepan and heat gently until the juices begin to run and the fruit softens.
- Add sugar and heat gently, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves. Do not allow to boil.
- Add the knob of butter.
- Still stirring, increase the heat and bring to a full rolling boil, one that bubbles vigorously, rises in the pan and cannot be stirred down.
- As soon as this stage is reached, start timing.
- Boil for 4 minutes only. Remove from the heat. Pot and cover in the usual way.
- Microwave Instructions: Place the fruit in a 2.8 litre (5pint) bowl and microwave on high uncovered for 4 minutes. Stir in the sugar and butter.
- Microwave on HIGH uncovered for 14-16 minutes, stirring halfway through. The mixture must boil vigorously for 4 minutes during this time. Pot and cover in the usual way. (Based on a modern 650W microwave oven, decrease cooking time for higher wattage ovens.)
© Silver Spoon Sugar
This jam turned out perfectly. I'm just about to make another batch it's so good! - 29 Aug 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!