Chinese-Inspired Chicken Noodle Soup
- 110g (4 oz) Asian egg noodles
- 1 (500g) container organic chicken stock
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 eggs
Prep:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and divide into two serving bowls.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan with mushrooms and spring onions. Stir chicken into boiling stock. When stock returns to a boil, crack eggs directly into stock.
- Continue to cook until chicken is no longer pink and eggs are cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes. Pour the chicken soup over the noodles in the bowls and serve immediately.
Used different ingredients. I added a small red chilli, some ginger, garlic and a good pinch of 5-spice when boiling. Also added some tinned sweetcorn. Finished it off with some soy sauce and fresh coriander. Nice!! - 24 Feb 2009
Altered ingredient amounts. Inspired by madcook below, I used garlic, ginger powder, a few shakes of mixed herbs and tinned sweetcorn and soy sauce. Yum! - 15 Mar 2011
I was nervous about how this would turn out, but I sholdn't have worried. It was so easy and quite filling, too. Let people add a little splash of soy sauce if they like - it looks better! - 09 Oct 2008