Mat Armett's Bolognese
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 500g Minced Beef
- 400g Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 small bottle Red Wine
- 2 Beef stock cubes
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black pepper
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry the Onions and Garlic until they are soft.
- Add Minced Beef, cooking on a medium heat.
- Add Italian herbs, Paprika, Pepper, Sugar and Stock cubes and stir.
- Add Tomato Puree, cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add Tomatoes and Red Wine, cover an simmer on low heat for 15-30 minutes (longer is better).
Delicious - I tried adding a few mushrooms at the start to fry in with the garlic and onions which helps add a bit of bulk to the meal - 24 Dec 2013
great! A family favourite! - 25 Feb 2010
Made it more kid friendly. I simply omitted the wine and the sauce was great anyway! - 25 Feb 2010