1 / 1 Picture by:
Date and Lemon Scones
- 150-175ml milk
- 150ml cream
- 1 egg
- 425g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 100g chopped, dried dates
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan (220 C without fan). Line large flat baking tray with baking parchment.
- Whisk 150ml milk, the cream and egg together until well combined. Combine flour, sugar, dates and lemon rind in a large bowl. Add milk mixture and stir gently to a soft dough, adding remaining milk if necessary. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until dough comes together.
- Press dough out to 2cm thick. Cut scones from dough and place onto tray flat-side up. Press dough together gently and repeat using the remaining dough. Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden and well risen. Serve hot with jam and cream.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!