- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 110g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas (mashed up)
- 55ml milk, or buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 115g caster sugar
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Put the butter and vanilla in a seperate bowl and beat together until it's creamy.
- Gradually add sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, add the eggs one at a time beating each time.
- Add a bit of milk at a time, then a bit of dry mixture, then a bit of banana to the cream mixture - beat well each time and keep doing this until you only have one bowl of mixture!
- Fill cupcake tray or cases 1/2 full as they rise quite well, bake for about 20mins. Leave to cool in tray for 5 - 10 mins, I put mine in silicon cases and if you pull them out too early theyre a bit wobbly! Taste good with peanut butter cream.
Used different ingredients. Delicious, I added a packet of chocolate chips. Wonderful in combination with the banana! - 24 May 2011
I made a batch of these today, very easy to make and very light and yummy, also didn't need any icing! - 03 Apr 2011
Used different ingredients. I turned these into banoffee cupcakes - I added a little cinnamon, and when spooning the mixture into the cases I put a bit of mixture, then a teaspoon of dulce du leche, then more mixture on top. Topped off with buttercream icing, a slice of banana (dipped in lemon juice to stop it browning) and dark chocolate curls - yum! - 01 May 2011