Savoury marrow bake
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 eggs
- 125ml olive or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 450g grated marrow, squeezed dry
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano and basil. Beat together the eggs, oil and onion; fold into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in marrow.
- Turn into a greased 20x30cm baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cut into squares.
quick and easy to make and really tasty. I made it with cheddar cheese rather than parmesan, and it was great. Will make again. - 04 Sep 2010
I really enjoyed this recipe. It wasn't one of the families favourites but I loved the simplicity and the fact that its another way of using the many courgettes out of the garden!! Will make again. - 04 Sep 2009
Just made this with a marrow we were given and will definately make again! I used cheddar, but a stronger cheese would have been better, and I used wheat free flour as Im gluten intolerant! Next time Im going to try using butternut squash,or even sweet potato and will maybe add some chili flakes! - 03 Nov 2012