Slow Cooker Beef Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g beef stewing steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 fresh green chilli, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced and quartered
- 250ml beef stock
Prep:15min › Cook:8hr10min › Ready in:8hr25min
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and brown the beef on all sides. Remove from pan, reserving juices, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir the garlic, ginger and chilli in the pan for 2 minutes, until tender, and season with curry powder. Mix in the chopped tomatoes.
- Place the onion in the bottom of a slow cooker, and layer with the browned beef. Scoop the pan mixture into the slow cooker, and mix in the beef stock.
- Cover, and cook 6 to 8 hours on Low.
Very good basic recipe...added teaspoon cumin and coriander...left out the curry powder but added 3 tablespoons tikka curry paste/next time will use madras....sensational - 17 Dec 2012
made this on Saturday,omitted the oil and used 1cal for frying,it was the best curry recipe I`ve made yet.served it with basmati and a small salad although I may just add the extra veg to the recipe next time - 28 Nov 2011
Really enjoyed this, but will add something to give a bit of extra spice next time - 25 Aug 2011