- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 60g butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 500ml water
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 225g cooked chicken, cubed
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 125ml full fat milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Roll out one piece of pastry and place in a 20cm pie dish and set aside.
- Place 1/2 of the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion, celery, carrots, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the vegetables are soft. Stir in the stock cubes and water. Bring mixture to the boil. Stir in the potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Stir in the chicken and flour. Add the milk, and heat through. Stir the chicken mixture into the vegetable mixture, and cook until thickened. Add fresh herbs. Pour mixture into the unbaked pastry case. Roll out the top piece of pastry, and place on top of filling. Flute edges, and make 4 slits in the top to let out steam.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180 C / Gas 4 and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- 06 Mar 2010
- 07 Jun 2012
A really easy tasty pie to make. All the family loved it including the kids and grandparents - 08 Dec 2013