Simple Pumpkin Soup
- 1 large pumpkin or butternut squash
- 2 large onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, or to your own taste
- water (to cover the pumpkin)
- milk (as needed)
- salt and pepper
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Wash whole pumpkin and cut into pieces.
- Peel the onions and cut in half. Prepare the garlic cloves by peeling and roughly chopping.
- Put all into a large stock pot and almost cover with water. Boil till the pumpkin is soft.
- Cool and remove the skin and discard.
- Puree all vegetables with the liquid it was cooked in
- To serve, thin with milk, or with milk and water and reheat.
- The puree can also be frozen for later use.
this soup was really bland when i made it so i added 2 vegetable stock cubes to give it more taste ,now it tastes ok - 25 Oct 2011
Even my husband who is learning to cook can make this soup. Basic and good. - 27 Aug 2012