1 / 1 Picture by: bigjimmf1
- 250ml beef stock
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon beef demi glace or concentrated beef stock
- 3 tablespoons bacon dripping
- 450g beef topside, diced into 5cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 250g chopped onions
- 250ml Burgundy wine
- Bouquet Garni
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Prep:20min › Cook:3hr › Ready in:3hr20min
- In a small bowl, mix together beef stock, flour, tomato puree and demi glace; set aside.
- Heat bacon dripping in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add beef, and cook until brown on all sides. Remove beef from pan; set aside. Stir the sherry into the pan. Add the onions, and cook about 5 minutes. Blend in the tomato puree mixture, and bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly. Stir in Burgundy wine. Make the bouquet garni: Place parsley, rosemary, thyme and bay leaf in a square of muslin. Place bouquet in sauce.
- Return beef to pan. Cover, and simmer over low heat for about 3 hours, or until beef is tender.
- Melt butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Saute mushrooms until lightly browned. Add to beef in the pan, and continue cooking 15 minutes. Discard bouquet garni. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!