1 / 1 Picture by:
- 6 Sausages - good quality pork or beef
- 2 x 400g tins chilli beans - don't drain these
- 2 x onions - sliced
- 150g chorizo - sliced or diced
- 4 x large baking potatoes
- 1 x 400g tin Puy lentils (ready cooked)
- 1 x large carrot - diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Prep:30min › Cook:25min › Ready in:55min
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Peel and halve the potatoes, then put them on to boil for 20 mins. When cooked, mash them and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy bottomed pan and genly fry the onions for about 10 mins until they begin to colour. Set aside. Now add the sausages and fry, turning often until cooked. This will take about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the pan, chop into bite sized pieces and set aside. Now add the chorizo and carrot to the pan and cook for 3 or 4 minutes only, until the chorizo begins to release its oil.
- Return the sausages and onions to the pan with the chorizo and carrot, then add the beans and lentils. Stir well to combine, then bring to the boil. The beans should have enough sauce to allow this.
- Transfer everything to a large casserole dish and then spoon over the mashed spuds. Spread the mash over the surface of the casserole to cover and then put in the oven for 25 mins or until the mash begins to brown. Serve with any veg you like.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!