1 / 1 Picture by: Chevyrose
Christmas shortbread biscuits
- 250g butter softened (low salt or unsalted)
- 110g caster sugar
- 280g plain flour, sifted
- 50g cornflour, sifted
- 50g rice flour, sifted
- Caster sugar, to sprinkle after cooking
Prep:10min › Cook:55min › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat oven to 150 C Fan / 170 C otherwise. Place the butter and sugar in a mixer or food processor and cream until pale.
- Once well mixed, add the flours and blend briefly, just until thoroughly combined.
- Tip into a buttered Swiss roll tin (23x33cm) and, using lightly floured hands, press down so it is level all over.
- Prick all over with a fork. Do this carefully, so that you do not disturb the level surface, then bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. What you are looking for is a uniform pale golden colour all over. Do not allow it to become too dark.
- Remove from oven and cut into squares or fingers in the tin, sprinkle the top with caster sugar. Leave for 5 minutes or so then carefully turn out onto a wire rack, and allow it to cool. Store in air tight container. ENJOY!!!
Altered ingredient amounts. Doubled recipe for one small cookie sheet US size - 28 Jan 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!