Baked prune pudding
1 / 1
5 people made this
About this recipe:
This low-fat pudding is simple and wonderful. A lovely sweetened prune purée is folded into stiffly beaten egg whites and then baked until the top is brown and delicious.
225g (8 oz) pitted prunes
75ml (3 fl oz) water
65g (2 oz) caster sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar, such as SuperCook
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the prunes in water until soft. Drain and purée.
- Combine the purée in a saucepan with the sugar and heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas mark 2.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy, add the cream of tartar, and beat until stiff. Fold the prune purée into the egg whites.
- Pour into a buttered and sugared 2 litre baking dish and bake in preheated oven until nicely browned. Refrigerate and serve chilled with whipping cream.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate