Baked Trout Saratoga
- 1 (2kg) whole trout, cleaned
- Maldon Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 110ml (4 fl oz) white wine
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
Prep:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6. Lightly oil a 23x33cm (9x13 in) baking dish. Season the trout inside and out with salt and pepper to taste, and place in baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and minced garlic. Spread evenly over the fish.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until fish flakes easily. Baste during baking with wine.
- Serve on a large platter garnished with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
Just made this for my wife, she loved it! - 21 Jul 2010
I didn't have tinned tomatoes, so i blended up cherry tomatoes with the rest of the ingredients. It tasted amazing and was so simple to make. - 17 Mar 2013
Lovely tasty recipe - 27 Nov 2012