5 people made this
About this recipe:
This cheesecake can be a bit sweet but is good for parties and special occasions.
225g (8 oz) ginger nuts, crushed
110g (4 oz) butter
6 tablespoons of Baileys (or more depending on taste)
2 sachets gelatine
25g (2 oz) caster sugar
450g (1 lb) cream cheese
300ml (1/2 pint) double cream
1/2 teaspoon cocoa
- Line a 20cm (8in) loose bottomed tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and add the crushed biscuits. Press into the bottom of the tin and even out with the back of a spoon.
- Heat the Baileys until quite hot, stir in the gelatine - stirring continuously so there are no lumps. The gelatine will take some time to melt but will eventually.
- Sift the icing sugar into the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Whip the cream until it slightly peaks. Fold into the cream cheese mixture, then spoon over the biscuit base and smooth out with spoon. Chill for 3 hours.
- Before serving dust with cocoa powder.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate