Low-fat Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 250g wholemeal flour
- 5 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dessertspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g fresh blueberries
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. In a separate bowl, mix the bananas, egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Mix the banana mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 15 minutes in preheated oven, or until a cocktail stick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Just made these lovely muffins. Never made muffins in my life. They looked and tasted delicous. Definately gonna make these again - 10 Sep 2011
I used plain white flour and although these tasted nice, the lack of butter/oils made these stick quite badly to the paper muffin cups...half of the muffin gets left behind!! - 15 Mar 2010
Mine looked truely lovely... followed recipe to a t... tho truely werent nice... overwhelming taste of wholemeal... v disapointed I love muffins 2 - 29 Apr 2009