Banana Nut Muffins
- 200g (7 oz) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 225g (8 oz) mashed bananas
- 150g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites slightly. Stir in bananas, sugar, oil and lemon zest. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in walnuts. Fill muffin tin cups two thirds full.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned. Remove muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Used different ingredients. Cut down the oil to 1 TBSP. Added 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon and 8 TBSP oats. Delish! Would be great with chocolate chips! - 14 Jul 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. These muffins are really easy to make and very good. I do recommend adding more walnuts then the recipe calls for. And i used one whole egg and one egg white. - 14 Jul 2008
Lovely recipe easy to make, loved the adjustments of one egg and one egg white, one tblspoon of oil, oats instead of walnuts and a tsp of cinnamin. My oven is pretty fierce and found 12/13 mins on 170 ample time for a perfect muffin. - 15 Mar 2012