Pork, chorizo and cannellini bean stew
- 850g Pork shoulder steaks or pork shoulder
- 1 400g tin Cannellini beans
- 250g Chorizo
- 2 400g tins Chopped tomatoes
- 2 large Red onions
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons Smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Dried chilli flakes
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr30min › Ready in:1hr40min
- Firstly slice the pork into strips, season and fry off in a heavy bottomed pan until brown all over. Remove from the pan and drain off any excess oil.
- Now add the chorizo to the pan (cut into cubes), brown off for two minutes then add the roughly chopped onions, four teaspoons of paprika, 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes and the garlic. Fry for a further 2 minutes until the onion has softened
- Once the onions have softened add the pork back to the pan along with ½ a pint of water and the tomatoes. Season to taste
- Simmer the stew for 1 hour on a low heat with a lid on (add water if it looks like it needs it). After 1 hour remove the lid and add the cannellini beans. Simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve with some crusty bread and happy eating!
See it on my blog
Used different ingredients. Added chopped mixed olives and Red wine. Didn't use as many onions and used Cayenne Pepper instead of Chilli Flakes and Paprika. FIVE STARS by all! *TIP* Don't add Cayenne Pepper whilst frying the pork - the effect is somewhat like being sprayed with Capsicum Spray! - 11 Mar 2011
very tasty recipe, went down a treat with the family. - 03 May 2011
Made according to recipe, a firm favorite - 15 Apr 2011