Barbecued Indian chicken
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 dessertspoon ground turmeric
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 (1.5kg) whole chicken, cut into pieces
Prep:3hr10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:3hr30min
- In a large bowl, combine ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt, and yoghurt.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the mixture for 3 hours.
- Preheat barbecue and when coals are ready, cook the chicken until juices run clear.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Not bad, but I found it bland, even after marinating for 3 hours. - 15 Sep 2008
This was horrible. I make India food all the time. This doesn't have enough ingrdients to make it work - 15 Sep 2008
This was a rather ordinary tasting barbecue chicken. Nothing extraordinary. After marinating for 3 hours I was expecting a real Indian flavour. The flavours did not really come out at all. That's what I get for going for an easier recipe than other Indian type recipes with more ingredients found on this site. Will not make this again. - 15 Sep 2008