Ginger Loaf Cake
Makes: 1 Cake / Loaf
- 2 eggs
- 250g (9 oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 dessertspoons ground ginger
- 90g (3 oz) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons black treacle
- 90g (3 oz) butter or margarine
- 1 small pinch salt
Prep:3min › Cook:45min › Ready in:48min
- Mix everything together and once margarine or butter is soft, place in greased square, pyrex small loaf tin. Place in middle of a preheated oven, 180 C / Gas 4. Bake for about 45 minutes or until spongy to the touch. Leave to cool and gently turn out.
You can use soft brown sugar instead of caster sugar, and golden syrup instead of treacle.
Cover with a small amount of water and evenly spread then sprinkle with sugar before baking.
It's probably my rubbish baking skills by I really didn't like this. It was dry and crumbly and didn't go all gooey after a couple of days. I didn't really enjoy making it either. Very sorry. - 09 Mar 2012
Used different ingredients. I used syrup instead of treacle - just as nice! - 29 Mar 2011
So quick and easy! Much nicer if left a couple of days too, goes nice and sticky. - 29 Mar 2011