Slow Cooker Pork and Apple Casserole
- 1 pork chop per person
- 2 to 3 apples, sliced
- 1 to 2 onions, sliced
- fresh or dried sage leaves
- 500ml cider (or stock if you prefer)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard (optional)
Prep:20min › Cook:8hr › Ready in:8hr20min
- Layer all the ingredients in your slow cooker, onions then apples and then chops. Sprinkle the chopped sage leaves in between each layer and over the top.
- Add the mustard (optional) to the cider or stock and mix. Pour the cider/stock over to cover the ingredients.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. Serve with creamy mash and vegetables.
The sauce can be a little thin so to thicken it add a heaped teaspoon of cornflour.
OMG so simple and so tasty. I used shallots rather than onions and it was perfect. I'm a new slow cooker user and I know I'll be making this again and again. - 11 Oct 2011
this was so easy to make i have tried a few pork and apple dishes and this by far was the best, i also added cornflower to thicken the sauce, i served it with mash potatoes and peas - 06 Jan 2012
Really delicious. The smell is amazing when you come in from work. A real hit - 13 Dec 2011