Stuffed Peppers with Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 whole peppers (any colour), halved and seeded
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 75g oyster mushrooms, finely chopped
- 75g shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 125g mozzarella cheese
- 2 small chillies, finely chopped
- olive oil with basil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt and pepper
Prep:35min › Cook:20min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven 180 C / gas 6.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions, mushrooms and chillies. Cook until soft add salt and pepper to taste. When soft, stuff the halved peppers with the mixture.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into thin slices and place on top of the peppers. Place on a lightly oiled baking tray. Drizzle olive oil over stuffed peppers and place in the oven. Cook until cheese is golden.
Use fresh mozzarella for best results. For a vegan option, use breadcrumbs as a topping instead of cheese.
Cooking time may vary if using a fan oven.
Used different ingredients. try this with a variaty of mushrooms such as wild and chestnut - 13 Feb 2010