- Make a well in the flour in a mixing bowl. Add salt, eggs and half the milk. Stir until smooth, then add remaining milk and beat until batter is bubbly.
- Set aside until filling and sauce have been prepared.
- Soak chopped prunes in rum for 15-20 minutes.
- Soften butter in a small bowl. Stir in walnuts, sugar and cream. Mix well, and then add rum-steeped prunes.
- Break up chocolate into small cubes and put into a small saucepan with water. Melt chocolate over a low heat, stirring from time to time.
- Add a little of the milk to potato starch and blend until smooth.
- Pour the flour mixture into the chocolate with sugar and rest of milk. Bring to boil slowly and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Take off heat and stir in cream and cinnamon.
- Fry eight pancakes in usual way in a little heated butter or oil. Keep cooked pancakes warm then place a little filling in centre of each.
- Roll up pancakes, placing them in a warmed dish. Heat chocolate sauce carefully. Pour sauce over pancakes and serve at once.
Forget flops with our collection of Pancake videos! We'll show you how to make everything from traditional pancakes to savoury crepes, and more. Watch now!
Potato starch vs flour
Note that potato starch is not the same as potato flour, though sometimes potato starch is erroneously labelled as potato flour. Make sure what you buy is a refined, white powder, as true potato flour is made from the entire potato, including the skin, and is less refined.
See it on my blog
Check out Californiaprunes.co.uk