Barbecued Fillet Steaks with Shallot Butter
- 1 bottle red Burgundy wine
- 330ml (12 fl oz) olive oil
- 330ml (12 fl oz) soy sauce
- 110ml (4 oz) oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 fillet steaks
- 110g (4 oz) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon red Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced spring onions
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- In a medium saucepan, mix together wine (reserving 1 teaspoon), oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic and oregano. Bring to a boil, and then remove from heat. Chill for 1 hour.
- Place fillet steaks in a 23x33cm (9x13 in) baking dish, and pour the chilled marinade over them. Cover tightly with foil, and chill for a minimum of 5 hours.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1 teaspoon of Burgundy wine with a hand mixer. Mix in shallots, spring onions and white pepper by hand; cover tightly, and refrigerate.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat. Preheat oven to 110 C / Gas mark 1/4.
- Barbecue the marinated fillets to desired temperature, turning once. Place fillets in a clean 23x33cm (9x13 in) baking dish. Dollop with the Burgundy butter mixture, and place in the preheated oven for a minute, or until butter is melted.
Allow 5 hours for the steaks to marinate.
Alternatively, cook the steaks on the hob in a ridged griddle pan, or under the grill.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!