One-pan Caribbean Jerk Chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cubed
- 4 tablespoons sliced onion
- 350g skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 125ml plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the peppers and onion in the oil until slightly tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove peppers and onion from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan; season with jerk seasoning; cook and stir chicken until no longer pink inside.
- Pour the plum sauce in with the chicken; add the peppers and onions; toss to combine. Cook until the peppers and onions are heated completely, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with soy sauce and chopped peanuts to serve.
great a definite do again - 01 Dec 2010
Altered ingredient amounts. used reggae reggae sauce as marinade for 2 hours in fridge and added a deseeded chopped red chile to peppers - 01 Dec 2010
- 22 Aug 2010