1 / 1 Picture by:
Chinese-Style Five Spice Pork Spareribs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 900g pork spareribs, chopped into 2.5cm pieces
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr20min › Extra time:4hr marinating › Ready in:5hr35min
- Combine soy sauce, white wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, five spice powder, garlic and ginger in a large bowl. Stir to mix well. Add ribs to marinade; refrigerate 4 to 8 hours, turning ribs occasionally.
- Preheat an oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Remove ribs from marinade and place in a roasting tin; cover tightly with foil.
- Cook ribs for one hour, turning occasionally. Increase oven temperature to 200 C / Gas 6. Remove foil from tin and bake an additional 20 minutes, turning once, until ribs are nicely browned.
Ask your butcher to chop up the ribs to the desired size.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!