- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic in olive oil for approximately 3 minutes, until tender.
- Place chickpeas in a blender or food processor with approximately 1 teaspoon reserved liquid. Process until smooth. Mix in the garlic, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Blend to desired consistency, increasing the amount of reserved bean liquid as desired. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Altered ingredient amounts. I added an extra garlic clove as I like my houmous garlicy. I also added a bit of lemon juice and some mustard seeds and paprika. Very tasty! - 23 May 2011
Used different ingredients. I made this houmous and unfortunately I didn't like it very much, it tasted very plain, which I probably should have predicted as it is, after all, a basic houmous like the recipe states. I'm going to add 2 or 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and see if I like it better. - 13 Jan 2011
Altered ingredient amounts. I used light olive oil instead of regular. - 14 Jun 2010