1 / 1 Picture by:
Fasolia Gigantes - Greek Giant Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 450g dried butter beans
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes with juice
- 250ml olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr50min › Extra time:8hr soaking › Ready in:10hr
- Place the butter beans in a large saucepan. Pour enough water to fill to 5cm above top of the beans. Allow to soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat; bring to the boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes; drain. Pour the beans into a 23x33cm baking dish. Add the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt and dill; stir.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding water if the mixture appears dry.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!