1 / 1 Picture by: Nancy and Ruth
Gkai kamin (Thai-style lemongrass and turmeric chicken)
- 1 (900g-1.25kg) whole chicken
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 12 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 5 tablespoons peeled and chopped fresh turmeric (kamin)
- 1 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Extra time:4hr marinating › Ready in:4hr35min
- Cut roots and leafy tops off lemon grass stalks. In a mortar and pestle, pound lemongrass, salt, garlic, turmeric and pepper into a fine paste.
- Cut open chicken lengthways. Separate into 2 pieces; rinse well. Rub chicken with mixed spice paste. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill in moderate heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until well done and evenly brown. Serve hot.
Found in Chinese/Oriental stores or online at www.thai-food-online.co.uk.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!