Basic sourdough bread
- 280g (10 oz) Basic sourdough starter
- 5 tablespoons water
- 385g (13 oz) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dessertspoon quick yeast
Prep:10min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr10min
- Allow starter to come to room temperature.
- Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select the basic or white bread cycle, and medium crust setting. Press start.
Can anybody recommend a starter for this sourdough bread please never having made sourdough before don't know how to begin - 15 Feb 2011
you should really show how to make the sourdough starter. Otherwise - 10 Dec 2011
It is great that we are getting "Bread Recipes", but I wish submitters would include the "starter recipes" for people that are absolute beginners and full of enthusiasm until they find that the recipe is incomplete for them then become rather deflated. If their recipe works for them with which ever starter they use, they should include that same starter to help out beginners. I personally have NOT made sourdough before because of this very same reason, but have made many other types of bread. PLEASE HELP US ENTHAUSIASTIC BEGINNERS. - 25 Feb 2013