Basil and Sun-dried Tomato Bread
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dried active baking yeast
- 400g (14 oz) bread flour
- 3 tablespoons wheat bran
- 5 tablespoons quinoa
- 3 tablespoons dried milk powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 25g (1 oz) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 280ml (10 fl oz) water
- 225ml (8 fl oz) boiling water to cover
Prep:10min › Cook:3hr › Ready in:3hr10min
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes to cover. Soak for 10 minutes, drain, and cool to room temperature. With scissors, snip into small pieces.
- Place all ingredients into the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the Basic or White Bread cycle, and Start.
Really nice, hearty bread. Very tasty and filling. Kids loved it too. I had no milk powder so used maybe 1/4 cup of milk, added at the same time as the water. Turned out perfect - 09 Mar 2014