- 500g mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 6 tablespoons tomato puree
- 12 flour tortillas or taco shells
- vegetable oil, for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- To serve
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- soured cream
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Dry-fry the mince in a frying pan until brown and crumbly, stirring occasionally and breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion, green pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Stir in the herbs and spices; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the tomato puree and mix well. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place a little of the mixture on each tortilla and roll up, or spoon into the taco shells. Secure tortillas with a cocktail stick. If using tortillas, heat the oil in a frying pan and then fry the rolls quickly until golden. Serve with your choice of accompaniments.
Altered ingredient amounts. gotta gree with the cinamon cheeky! i like to add some chpped chives.... - 22 Nov 2009
My family and i 'loved' these!They are very tasty indeed!A bit messy to eat,lol,.....but really tasty! - 01 May 2012
Fab, easy & tasty! Hubby & I enjoyed this so much it has made it on to our weekly dinner list - yum yum!!!! - 29 Jul 2011