1 / 1 Picture by:
Indian Prawn Curry
- 80g rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt to taste
- 450g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 green chillies, halved lengthways
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 550g tomatoes, pureed or use passata
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Stir the rice flour, turmeric and salt together in a bowl; add the prawns and turn in the flour mixture to evenly coat.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; fry the cumin seeds in the hot oil until they splutter. Add the onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic paste; cook until the onions are browned, about 5 minutes. Stir the pureed tomato, chilli powder, garam masala and ground cumin into the mixture. Season with salt and continue cooking until the gravy thickens and the oil is released, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour the cream into the frying pan and stir; lie the prawns into the mixture and continue cooking until the prawns are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more. Garnish with the coriander to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!